Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Camping, family and more camping.....

We had an awesome camping last weekend! I had Friday off so we woke up, had breakfast, packed the car and left. We were at Breitenbush by 2pm and had our stuff unpacked, the tent set up and were relaxing by the fire. Aahhh, so relaxing! It was two and a half days of relaxing.Ashlyn got to play in the dirt with Nolan, I've never seen her so dirty. She fell down quite a bit, cried a lot and had a blast! Jered did a little fishing, was totally unsuccessful. Laurie and I stayed in camp with the two kids when the guys fished. It was nice to have girl/mom talk. We cooked over the campfire, had smores every night, drank beers and wine. Another successful Kacalek family camp out at Breitenbush. Three years running, its become an annual camp out.

It was nice to have a three day weekend, but it was back to work Monday. I love working 10's and this week I had Thurs off. Kari is down at Glady and Floyd's housesitting while they're in North Dakota for a wedding. We hadn't seen Kari and Grace since Easter so it was so good to see them.Grace has changed so much, she's aware and curious and loves looking around. Ashlyn didn't know quite what to make of her though. Ashlyn had a blast running around the property looking at all the flowers, yard ornaments, swinging on the swing, climbing the stairs of the deck and whatever else she could get into. It was a great afternoon made even better because Aunt Jody, her husband Dave and cousin Jillian joined us for dinner.

This weekend we're just relaxing, watched USA lose in the world cup this morning. Doing a little yard work and mostly getting ready to go camping next week. I get off at 3pm on Wed, Jered will have the Envoy packed and ready to go when Ashlyn and I get home from work and we'll take off. Hopefully we'll be at Honeyman by 7:30-8:00pm! We're camping Wed to Mon and have been checking the weather reports daily. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a nice, sunny 4th of July camping trip. The sunny, warm ones are few and far between but that doesn't stop us from having a great time every year.

Here are few pictures from the last week.....

 Just got out of the bath tub, my favorite part of the night! Daddy always lets me play peek-a-boo with Mama with the towel.
Playing with Paul's hat. Paul is Uncle Jim's friend that came camping with us.
Lounging, drinking my milk
Sitting on Daddy's lap, watching the fire
Giving my sister a hug
Walking in the grass
it's a lot different than just walking on the pavement. I didn't really like how it tickled my legs.
It was really fun at Great-Grandma's house checking out all the flowers and yard decorations. I had a great time looking at EVERY thing!
Daddy took me on the tree swing and I LOVED it!
Cheese!!!
I can do the stairs all by myself. I don't need your help unless its MY idea
Yes I really am this cool

No comments:

Post a Comment