Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy busy busy.....

We have been so busy lately! We've been helping out with Mom and Eddie move. Then my cousins from South Carolina visited with their new baby boy Noah, and he sure is a cutie! I think we've only one weekend at home since before Christmas. It sounds crazy now that I sit here and think about it. We just always have something to do. We have managed to have quite a bit of fun too! We went out to the wine shop in Forest Grove with our friends a few weekends ago. We also went out with all of my friends from work to celebrate one of us having a baby! We met up with our friends Arrin and Wendy for dinner too. Jered used to work with Arrin at WRG. We'll be going to their wedding in Sept in Kauai! <3 ;o)

Ashlyn is growing like a little weed! She is too smart for her mommy and daddy thats for sure! She locked me out of the house this morning. I was loading the car at my mom's to head back to Portland, I heard her slam the front door closed, which is something she loves to do. When I tried the door handle, she had turned the deadbolt. I didn't even know she knew how to do that! Unfortunately, she didn't know how to do turn it back. Good thing mom has a hide a key outside!! First lesson after I got back inside was to teach her how to unlock the deadbolt as well as lock it!

She loves to sing and loves to make mommy and/or daddy sing with her. She sings her ABCD's (not ABC's), Twinkle Twinkle, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Baa Baa Black Sheep are a few of her favorites! She loves to count and is even learning to count in spanish. She is very strong willed and stubborn (wonder where she gets that?). She wants to do everything herself, by herself! She loves to sit at her table having tea parties. She loves to read books (we just get tired of reading the same ones over and over)!

We've started going to the local pool on my days off and she is loving it! She gets braver and braver every time. When she gets a little older we'll probably do formal swim lessons but for now the open swim is enough. We're getting excited about our trip to Hawaii in May. Every time Ashlyn sees or hears an airplane she says its going to Hawaii! She also loves to see school buses and now knows the difference between the city bus and a school bus. She loves animals and we get to see quite a few cows, horses and sheep on our drive from Monroe to Portland.

A few pictures now and maybe a video or two soon......
Hanging with Uncle Keith at the state wrestling tournament
I was really sick a couple of weeks ago. Mommy and Daddy had to take time off work to stay home with me. I had a fever for three days and just felt yucky! I bounced back quick though!!
The very next week I was playing at the mall
Face first down the slide.......

That was FUN!!!

Showing off my Ducks shirt!!
Hanging with Grandpa Terry at SkateWorld
Time to sing Happy Birthday to Macy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment