Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Painting, painting and more painting...

Well my Ducks lost. I was pretty bummed, but we had a good time watching the game. A few of our friends and their kids came over so we had a housefull. We'll be back next year, I'm sure of it!

Grammy and Grandpa signed on their new house and got the keys last Wed!! They're going to be big city dwellers now, living in Monroe! We drove down Friday night so that we could get started painting the inside and Jered cut a hole in the kitchen for the new dishwasher. We spent ALL day Sat there. Thank goodness my cousin Susie was able to watch the girls. We got a little bit of a late start but once we did get started it would have been hard to watch the girls, especially Ashlyn since she's loves to get into everything. It took us hours to tape all the windows, doors, trim, etc. Then Melody and I started primering the two bathrooms. Mom helped, she was our supervisor! Jered had borrowed the paint sprayer from his Grandpa and that thing was amazing! He did the bedrooms and living room in the time it took Mel and I to do the bathrooms. What a pain to clean out though. We finished up primering everything about 1230am and then it took another 20 minutes or so to get all the paint out of the sprayer. We had sent Grammy and Grandpa to get Ashlyn from Uncle Keith's and go home about 10pm. We left Ashlyn in bed with Grammy, showered and went straight to bed. Our backs were killing us and thankfully I had some percocet in the car for my migraines. We split one of those and slept straight through till almost 9am.

After breakfast Mom, me, Ashlyn and Mel headed into Home Depot to buy all the paint. We picked out some great colors. They will not be living with white walls, that's for sure! Mel and I refused to paint another yellow kitchen, or peach living room either. :o) Mom had picked out a plum color for the living room and we're going to an accent wall with a little darker plum color. Macy picked out a lilac color for her and Bailey's room. We did a mauve color for the study/computer room. Both bathrooms are going to be a very light green color and Mom and Eddies room will be a brighter green. The kitchen....is going to be RED! The two walls with cupboards will be red, the two larger walls will be a light cream color to balance out the red. Once we got back to the house, we started painting. We did the study and the small bedroom, the laundry room and saved the kitchen for last. We only did the two red walls and it looks awesome! I can't wait till they get the new floors in and the appliances, its going to look great. The whole house is going to look great!

We had been hoping to have Ashlyn's birthday party at their new house but the floors won't be finished so it looks like we're going to do it at our house next Sunday. Just family because Ashlyn tends to get overwhelmed with a lot of people. I sent out the invitations today, sorry for the late notice but I was hoping the new house would be ready. Next year maybe! Jered's going to make his famous smoked ribs and I'm attempting to make the birthday cake. I don't have a backup plan so hopefully my attempt turns out alright!

We're heading south again this weekend to do more painting. Our little baby girl turns TWO on Sat, I cannot believe it! She is a little talker and loves to sing songs. She sings to me in the car on the way home. She still does her abc's and 123's. We're trying to teach 11-20 but she likes to stop at 10. She still loves to read books and still has her favorites. She'll bring you a whole stack if you let her. She is a total daddy's girl and every morning when she wakes up she want to know where daddy is. Is there anything better than watching your husband and daughter have a tea party? I don't think so! Have a great week and sorry about the crooked picture. I couldn't get it to turn. Its a cell phone pic that I emailed to myself.

Mommy couldn't get this picture to turn around, but this is when we went to sushi the other day.
Me and cousin Macy at Grammy and Grandpa's new house
In the car weating Mommy's shades
Wearing Daddy's ginormous carheart vest

No comments:

Post a Comment