Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 8, 2010

Girls Weekend

I had a great four day weekend! Unfortunately Jered had to work, so it was just Ashlyn and I down at my mom's house. We had a great time visiting with relatives and hanging out.

We drove down Friday to Eugene for my cousin Steve's wedding. What a great wedding! We stayed overnight at the hotel they got married at and Ashlyn stayed with my mom. It was only our second time ever leaving Ashlyn overnight. We were back to my mom's house before 24 hours had even passed! Jered had to come back to Portland to work all weekend but Ashlyn and I stayed in Monroe. Saturday we went over to my cousin's house to hang out and then out for Mexican food. Sunday we took Ashlyn to this indoor bouncy place in Corvallis with my Aunt Jen, cousin Traci and her son Dylan . It was so fun! Ashlyn loved it until the end when I think her belly was starting to hurt because she was a little constipated. She had a lot of fun on the slide and watching the other kids bounce around. Especially her cousin Dylan and Aunt Jen. We had lunch first and we ran into my high school science teacher. I hadn't seen her in at least 10 years! After visiting with my dad, stepmom and brother that afternoon, we had a delicious dinner of pork roast that my mom. My cousins Melody, Kourtney, Randy and Arie came over too. Today we went over to Traci and Dylan's in the morning and then to see Rachel and Kenzee for lunch at Cafe Yumm! We were busy busy! The worst part for Ashlyn was the ride home in the carseat. She is real tired of the carseat. Its time to get her into a forward facing one.

Even though I really missed Jered, it was really nice to hang out with my girlfriends, my aunt and my cousins and of course my mom. Jered said the house felt weird. He was here two nights without Ashlyn and I or the dogs. He got a lot of work done though and was still able to play pool with one of his friends from college. His big project is coming to an end this week, so we'll pray for another big job. If they don't get another one soon, they could be pretty slow again.

So Ashlyn's big news this weekend......She's WALKING!! :)  She started shuffling around a little bit Wed and Thurs. She's really been practicing this weekend and is getting around pretty good.  She's very careful and doesn't go too fast, she really doesn't like to fall on her butt. Before we know it she'll be running.

Mama and cousin Traci at the wedding
The happy new couple...Krissy and Steve
Cousin Dylan showing off his dance moves! Looking pretty sharp in his tux too!
 
 Uncle Larry, Aunt Jenny and Grandpa Terry
  
Me and Mama in the bouncy house! It was so much fun!
  
Coming down the slide, I was scared at first but then I loved it!
 
Taking a bath with cousin Arie. Mama thinks she must be my fourth cousin. My mama and Arie's mama are second cousins. Daddy thinks its crazy that Mama's family is so close we have second cousin, fourth cousins is even crazier. That's what it like though coming from the Ballard family.

No comments:

Post a Comment