Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day

My first mother's day was busy (of course)! Jered brought me home and bougianvillea plant on Friday. I loved all the bougianvillea that was everywhere in California. Hopefully we don't kill this one. I've heard it can be tough to grow one here in Oregon. We'll probably have to take it down to the Grandparents green house so Grandpa can keep it alive for us in the winter.

Saturday we drove down to Monroe making a stop in Woodburn to see G-ma & G-pa. They left for an Alaskan cruise on Sunday so we wanted to stop by and see them quick before they left. Ashlyn is so lucky to have so many grandparents! My mom and I went to a Mother's Day Tea Saturday afternoon and it was a lot of fun. They modeled wedding dresses starting with a dress from the 1940's. Some of the ones from the 70's and 80's were something else! We stopped by my cousin Kourtney's softball game later that day and it reminded me of when I played, except her team is way better than mine ever was. My mom made Mel hold an umbrella over Ashlyn so she wouldn't get sunburned. She's crazy sometimes! It was really nice and she didn't get a sunburn so Thanks Mom!!

Sunday we had breakfast and mimosas with Mom and Eddie before heading home. Monday it was back to work! We've already made it Tuesday and tomorrow is my day off. Yay!!!

I called the doctor again today. Ashlyn has had a really bad cold for about 3 weeks now. I took her to the doctor Friday afternoon to make sure she didn't have an ear infection. Thank goodness she doesn't. She's just really really congested. We've been torturing her with saline drops in the nose and running a humidifier in our room and none of it seemed to be helping. The doctor assures me that it really is helping. So on Friday I run over to Wee Care to get her for her appt and she's just woken up. I grab a bottle to take with me and feed her while we're sitting in the waiting room. The nurse takes us back to an exam room and while we're talking she PUKES all over me! I'm soaked from chest to knees, it was a good 4 or 5 ounces that came back up. UGH!! Her doctor thinks its just the drainage from her nasal congestion irritating her stomach. Well I had to run her back to Wee Care and get back to my dept to do one more patient before I could go home. I was a wet stinky mess and I didn't have time to change my scrubs. But it was an OB patient and I figured they should know what they're getting themselves into. She continued to puke 2-3 times each day since Friday. Last night she unloaded all over my pillow when Jered was swaddling her. My favorite pillow that I take everywhere with me! So I called the MD again today and they assured me its probably just stomach irritation since she hasn't had a fever and she's happy as a clam except for the actual puking. I'm supposed to call back in a couple of days if she hasn't improved. Today: no puking!

Having a bath at Grammy's house in the kitchen sink. She looks SO thrilled to be having another picture taken!

Ashlyn with her two cousin's: Bailey and Macy

Ashlyn with her Great-Grandma.



No comments:

Post a Comment