Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, July 27, 2009

Rafting and Ashlyn update....

We went rafting this weekend on the Deschutes in Maupin. My mom came up on Friday to stay with Ashlyn and the dogs and to water my plants. Thank goodness she was here otherwise they'd have all fried in this heat. My brother also came up to go with us. He's been before but this was his first time going with this crew. Its mostly Rainier folks that Jered went to high school with and a few other people thrown in too. Its a strange mix of people buts its always fun. After three or four years its always good to see the ones we only see on this trip. This is the second time I haven't rafted, last year I was pregnant with Ashlyn. The time before that I had a near death experience and now I'm a little afraid. I fell out of the raft and when I came up I was under the raft and lodged against a rock. Not something I'd like to repeat. I told Jered maybe next year I'll try again. Get back on the horse so to speak. All in all it was a very successful weekend. I missed Ashlyn terribly but I knew she was in good hands with my mom. Mom took her to see her new cousin Brandon on Sat. My cousin Staci has a new little boy that I'm hoping to see when we get back from vacation. Plus my cousin Kourtney had a softball tournament at North Marion all weekend so her and her mom stayed at our house too. Ashlyn had a busy weekend without us! By Saturday night I was ready to go home. It was a nice little break but as soon as we woke up on Sunday morning I was packing up and ready to leave. We were home by 11am, just in time for her to wake up from her nap.

We leave Saturady bright and early for New Mexico and the Grand Canyon. I'm excited, we've never been to Grand Canyon. We fly into Phoenix, get our rental car (mini-van) and head out for Grand Canyon. We're staying overnight there and Sunday we're driving to my Aunt and Uncle's in Farmington, New Mexico. We're going to take a quick detour to Four Corners for Jered. I've been there half a dozen times already and its a little overrated if you ask me. But Jered's a nerdy surveyor and I think he's going to love it. I told him has to do something funny when he stands on the monument when he's in all four states at once. :) Jered and I are staying at my cousin Ricky and Steph's house. They have a four month old and a crib that he won't sleep in. Ashlyn sleeps in her big girl crib every night and I was worried about her having to sleep with us while we're gone. That would totally ruin her for sleeping in her own crib. So thanks Tripp for not using your crib! My mom and Eddie will stay with Auntie Andi and Uncle Rick. We don't have a lot of plans while we're there mostly just relax and visit. Ballards love to visit!! :) We may go up to Durango, CO one day for some shopping. My mom loves the pawn shops there so I know we'll be stopping by a few of those....yawn! I plan to eat some gluten-full Navaho fry bread. Best stuff ever. Its like an elephant ear, but way better! Other than that I'm sure we'll just hang out and relax.

I don't have any pictures ready to post but I'll work on it and hopefully get some from our rafting weekend on here soon. Also Jered says he loves everyone :)

Ashlyn had her 6 month appointment today. She weighs 17lbs 8oz and is 26.5 inches long. Jered swears she was 27 inches last time but that was two months ago and I'm pretty sure she's not shrinking. The doctor is very happy with her progress. She's still doing great on her solids although she did not love her peas tonight but ate up the bananas like it was the last thing on earth to eat! She's wiggling and rolling and squirming all over the place like she's supposed too. Talking up a storm too. Dr Oller told us Ashlyn should be sleeping 8-10 hours every night and could probably go 12 with no problems. So tonight we're cutting off her 3 am feeding. Dr Oller says she shouldn't need it and its probably just habit. There will be a little crying involved I'm sure, but not to worry, we won't just leave in her crib to cry by herself. We'll be there to comfort her until she goes back to sleep.Of course she slept from 9pm-530am for my mom this weekend! We also gave her a nebulizer treatment in the office to loosen up the gunk in her lungs. Its been holding on for a couple of months now. So we have to give her asthma treaments with an inhaler twice a day for a week. If she seems better then go for two weeks and stop. Otherwise give Dr Oller a call since its not working. Lets hope it works. Dr Oller thinks the dry air in New Mexico will be a good for her too.

Ahh! I just put her down. I love her to pieces but I also love when she goes to bed at night. I'm blogging with a nice crisp cool glass of white wine beside me. It doesn't get much better than that. Bedtime is 9pm, or at least that's the goal. She's usually a pretty easy baby to get down. We have our little routine. She gets a bath, then a little massage with her lotion, then a bottle and then bed. When we get back from New Mexico we're going to add in reading a book before we lay her down for the night. Right now she just likes to look at the pictures and hear us talk but soon she'll be all about the story. I love to read and hopefully she will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment